Monday 28 November 2005

i find it kind of funny, i find it kind of sad


So: in the last couple of months, living here has become normal and not a wild and crazy mad-cap adventure. The days pass by pleasantly enough, but my mind is showing signs of behaving like a rat in a cage, running for hours on its little wheel: I've started to go a bit puzzle-mad.

I've gone through crazes with crosswords; card games; suduko; jigsaw puzzles; and now this guess-words-and-phrases-from-pictures thing someone has given me from the Independent. Mental stimulation needed! Movies, books, conversations, crappy newspapers...these are all good, but not enough; I am attuned to a more complex technological (if this is the word) environment. Whilst it is great to have plenty of time to think, I am not very good at emptying the mind and practicing zen; I need to process information, to interpret, sort, analyse, react. I need mental activity! Even if it is just illusory.

No comments: