Tuesday 14 February 2006

i can't help myself


(when i get that feeling/ gets in my system/ can't put the brakes on)

I am moving! Moving house. Moving to an upstairs flat. Moving to a place with a balcony. Moving to a place with my own, non-share kitchen. Moving.

This is great timing; worked out I am a shade under living in the shoebox (my current flat) for 365 days (when I first arrived, I had a few weeks in a temporary accommodation). So my record remains intact: I still haven’t lived in one single place for one whole year since Dukes Lane, 2001ish (fires pistol jubilantly in air) (blows the smoke from the smokin’ gun)(grins). It’s a funny record, and not one I’m serious about, but it’s mine nonetheless.

And I didn’t have to have a fight to get the place either (whips her pistol back inside knickers). Just had to use a bit of patience (that, and I’ve lived here for a year now and know the power of doing a bit of chatting beforehand, setting up the dominoes so that they can’t but fall in your favour). (grins).

**

I had forgotten until I read lillian's post that i was in india in 2001 at this time of year (i.e. valentine's day). There were protests and newsagencies were attacked and trashed by demonstrators fighting against the perceived invasion of western materialism. there were a lot of things that happened when I was there I didn't reflect on much at the time; it was later that they came to appear more significant. It's been on my mind lately; I'd like to go back to that part of the world, and go further than I did then.

No comments: