Thursday 19 January 2006

happiness is a warm electric toaster


this may look like a mere toaster, but it is actually a huge victory. a toaster! of my very own! there was one in the flat when i moved in, but within two weeks it had died (power surge). That was about 11 months ago. I mentioned it to the admin manager, thinking something might come of it, but nothing ever did. I mentioned it several more times; despaired; cooked bread in a pan once or twice; and caved in and did nothing. But when a new person moved on campus, full of demands for things to kit out a flat, the campaign began again (if she can do it, so can I. I need that toaster!). That was...last October I think. Today was the day I have been dreaming of for months. The box arrived. Expensive toaster inside (with a "cancel" button; feature I haven't seen before. Fancy). Mi hamamas tru.

(Unfortunately I had nothing to put on the toast but some weird cheese spread which expired last year that the ex-flatmate left behind. Still, the bread was hot and crunchy!)

No comments: