Friday 9 December 2005

andy you're a star (in nobody's eyes, but mine)

well enough of seriousness; after considering poverty and the ills of the world, i turned on the tv and "tommy lee goes to college" was on! i am out of touch - hadn't heard of this gem before. (and it was even actually err amusing to watch him flunk out of the school band - "you said you were a muso! bigshot wanker".)

i posted about new tribes recently, a weird and secretive american mission outside of Goroka. just after I posted it, I came across their yearbook for 2002. (still can't work out how it slipped into my bag). Inside are shots of the staff (all [named] whiteskins, barring one: "maintenance" is pngian), wills of the year 12 students ("Firstly, I give my life and those in it to God. With my focus on the cross, I can walk on water..."), and shots of the crrrrrazy antics they get up to. Like mud wrestling (left) and sticking people in big pots (right). We were laughing at this but then my friend asked - wait - look closely at that second picture - is that blood in the bottom left?

No comments: